Saturday, January 9, 2010

Creamy Tahini Dressing

Oh tahini, how do I love thee......let me count the ways.......

Tahini is sesame seeds ground into a creamy butter similar to peanut or almond butter. I like it way better than peanut butter. It has a deeper, richer flavor and it packs a powerful protein punch. I use tahini in many recipes but salad dressing is my favorite.

If you like ranch or bleu cheese dressings, you will love this. It is rich and creamy and garlicky with the tartness of lemon. Make it soon!

Creamy Tahini Salad Dressing
1/2 cup tahini
juice of 1/2 large lemon, about 1/4 cup
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup plus 2 tbs oil
3/4 cup water
3 tbs Bragg's or soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment