Monday, February 15, 2010

Parmesan Substitute

One of the things I really missed after becoming vegan was Parmesan cheese. Here is the best substitute I have come up with. It ain't quite Parmesan, but it does the best job of filling the gap I have found so far!

Almond Parm

1 1/2 cups raw almonds
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)


Yep, it's that simple! Throw it all into a food processor and let it run until it is smooth and powdery. I like it better than Parma, which uses raw walnuts.


For dinner tonight I am experimenting. Shocking, I know.... another concoction. It's one of those soups that happens quite often in my kitchen. If it's left over, it goes in the pot. This one is a bean, barley, and veggie soup with a tahini and miso base. I think it's gonna work but I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment