Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Thanksgiving Celebration


Today I started cooking for Thursday's feast. We are looking forward to a special day with our family and friends.

Here is the planned menu (subject to change at the pleasure of the chef.....) I have linked to some of the recipes that are online. Some of the others I have already posted and I will link to those as well. Others are in my head and when I get them down on paper, I'll link to those.

I'll be back with photos later in the week, but til then Paul and I wish you and yours a blessed and safe
holiday, rich with the comfort of family, friends, and wonderful (vegan) food!



A Thanksgiving Celebration

Beginnings
Creamy Baked Cashew Brie with Seeded Flatbread Crakers
Curried Pumpkin Soup
Cranberry Salad with Whipped Coconut Cream
Mixed Green Salad with Spinach, Arugula, Radicchio,Red Onion, Walnuts, Tofu Feta and
Black Raspberry Vinaigrette

Main Event
Black-eyed Pea Cakes with Chipotle Remoulade
Cornbread Dressing
Mashed Potaotes with Chickpea Gravy
Balsamic-Roasted Vegetables
Maple Sweet Potatoes
Freshly Baked Whole-Grain Rolls
Cranberry Chutney

Sweet Endings
Pumpkin Custard Pie
Death By Apple Pie
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Icing

Lightly Sweetened Iced Green Tea
Freshly Ground French Roast Coffee
Chilled Chardonnay
Shiraz


No comments:

Post a Comment